Raspberry Jam


  Homemade Jam. Mmmm! There are so many uses for jam. Not only is it made for slathering on morning toast, it provides a great filling base. Check out the Summer Blueberry Pie post and you will see what I mean. There are many things to do with jam. Monte Crisco sandwich anyone? I recently have been eating it with cheeses. Cheese and jam or honey is a big thing right now. I tried it at a cooking confrence that I attended and have been addicted ever since. I love it. My cheese plate is not complete without jam.

This jam recipe is simple and easy. It is a little on the tart side, but there was a method for this madness. I have a recipe in the works and this jam is going to be used in it. I will be posting this at a later date. Until that time I am going to keep you in suspense. Trust me it won't be long and even though it is agonizing it will be worth the wait. 

Red Raspberry Jam

5 c. fresh or frozen red raspberries
5 c. white sugar
1 lemon, juiced
1 box pectin

In a large saucepan add sugar, berries, and lemon juice. Bring to a boil and cook until sugar and berries have dissolved, stirring occassionally to prevent scorching. Add pectin. Boil for 15 minutes and remove from heat. You may add to hot sterilized jars and seal at this point, or cool slightly and transfer to containers to freeze or store in the refrigerator.

0 comments:

Post a Comment