Morning Muffins and AWOL


    I have been missing in action for awhile and I apologize. There are just so many things going on technology wise. One my computer went in for random maintenance. Well two weeks and 139 viruses later, it is back. Then I broke out my new camera, that I have since Christmas, and have been playing around with that. It is a great camera! It takes amazing pictures. The only thing is....I don't know how to get the pictures off of my camera and onto my computer. So I have some yummy looking pics that I would love to share with you, but haven't figured out how yet. I am still learning and will eventually, someday, figure it out. Meanwhile I broke out my old handy dandy Kodak point and shoot just so I could get back to all of you and bring you more delicious treats for you to try in your kitchen, your families, or your neighbors. It doesn't matter whose, just try them. Enough of my excuses.



     I was in Meijer the other day and the lady in front of me at the check out was purchasing some Carrot Pecan Raisin Muffins. I thought Mmmm, those sound good. I should make some. So I did! Except I added a whole bunch of miscellaneous ingredients to the batter as well. They are healthy for the most part, except for the sugar and white flour but there is not much of it so it will be okay to indulge in these eye opener breakfast treats. Something to start your day or since Easter is here, whip them up tomorrow. Quick. Simple. Tasty. Yes, that is what these muffins are.





MORNING MUFFINS

1/2 c. whole wheat flour
1/2c. all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. salt 
1/2 c. applesauce
2/3c. brown sugar
1 egg
1/2c. oats
2 carrots, grated
1/2 c. coconut
1/2c. pecans, chopped
1/2c. raisins
1 banana, diced


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl whisk flours, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. In a large bowl mix sugar, egg, applesauce, and vanilla until creamed. Gradually add the flour mixture to the egg mixture and mix until combined. Add remaining ingredients and fold into the batter. 
Grease muffin tin or line with paper liners and add 1/4c of batter to each muffin liner. Bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Makes 12 muffins

0 comments:

Post a Comment