Summer Chocolaty Birthday Cake




You have read the title "Summer Chocolaty Birthday Cake" and are thinking what does summer have to do with chocolate cake? Chocolate Cake can be served at any time, but this cake has a "secret" ingredient. Not really a "secret" ingredient, but a summer ingredient. The ingredient is....(drum roll, please)........ZUCHHINI! Another way to use zucchini and it is tasty. Very tasty. A coworker compared it to a famous restaurant's cake. I will give you a hint; is no longer in existence. Make this recipe and leave a comment and let me know the what you think the name of this restaurant is.





I created this recipe because like everyone else right now, I have zucchini in my refrigerator that needs to be used. It is that time of year and it is in abundance. Anyway, I saw this recipe for Chocolate Zucchini Cake and thought, Hmmm, I have all those ingredients I will make it. I made it. It had cinnamon and nutmeg in it. I am sorry cinnamon and nutmeg do not go in cakes. Not in my cakes anyway. When I think cinnamon, nutmeg, and zucchini, I think bread. When I think of cake, I think sweet and birthday-ish. No where in my mind does spice come into play, but I made it anyway. It had the texture of cake, but the spices came through and therefore it is not cake. It is bread. The difference between cake and bread is the moistness, texture and crumb. Growing up I never had a birthday cake that cinnamon and nutmeg were added to the batter, they were always in the sweet breads that we ate; but NEVER in my birthday cake. Therefore I was disappointed in the recipe and I needed to fulfill my expectations of what a Chocolate Zucchini CAKE was supposed to taste like.

Pin It

0 comments:

Post a Comment